Thursday, January 31, 2008

*boom* *boom* D Fence

Okay. So, recently inspired by lifestyles of the Rychen Famous, I've decided to, at least for now, stop feeling sorry for myself. And in its place, at least for now, I will feel sorry for my Blazers.

When you live at home, have zero social life, and rely on your parents and the city bus for your transportation needs, you find yourself a couple of things that you can really get into. For me it's music (will clarify), Jamba (no need to clarify), and the Blazers. Sure there's all that other stuff like church and family, but that's kind of understood, and probably not as interesting.

I've only missed maybe two games this season. They're a great team, fun to watch, they play together, have a strong bench, and they're in a surprising place this season that very few saw coming- we're a contender in every game. Which is why last night's game against the Cavs was such a heartbreaker. Shooting 35%, we had the lead from 6 minutes in until 0.3 seconds left, where LeBron (after hitting 3 3's in a row) drove to the basket to put them up by 1 point. And that was the game. First loss when the game is decided by 3 points or less all season. Games like that you look back on every missed free throw, every little thing that could have made the difference. But then I suppose you look ahead. I don't know, I'm no coach- just a dedicated fan and spectator.

I still hold that we make the playoffs this season. And I personally get to look forward to watching the next game at the Garden. Go my favorite sports team!

No comments: