Tuesday, January 1, 2008

a little more sunshine for the forecast

I'll be alright. I can get caught up in what's happening and what's not fairly easily- it happens when you don't get a removal from your own reality often enough. Yes, I struggle and yes, it's frustrating. But I'll be alright. I got to spend a few days away and that really gave me an opportunity to put things in perspective a little better. What's funny (ironic more than ha-ha) is that my view has shifted more since I got back than when I was there. I feel closer to moving on to the next phase of life than ever, I feel like the risky decisions I've made in forming direction in my own life have been the correct ones, and I need to go ahead and own that instead of trying to straddle the fence, or give myself an out. I'm on the right road for me. And I don't know who can follow me here, but someone will. I have so much further to go, I'm still so much a work in progress, but I'll be alright. I am alright. Days like these are good. Days like these make tomorrow seem a little less intimidating, yesterday seem a little more meaningful, and today wide open for anything. Here's to the new year. May something happen for everyone.

No comments: