Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Courtney in California

So... it's been quite an adventure these last couple weeks. Landon flew to Oregon, we were married, then we drove a moving truck down here to Santa Barbara, where we will be residing for an undetermined amount of time. After much trial and tribulation we found the perfect place to make our new home, where I am currently in the process of unpacking and finding where everything should go. I'm thinking about starting a new blog for Landon and me, not that he'll write but it'd be a good way to keep track of us, as we'll be exploring some geographics with our living situation for the foreseeable future.

I still feel like I'm playing pretend when I introduce myself as "Courtney Bingham" or refer to Landon as my husband or anything like that. There are a lot of adjustments, ranging from the deep emotional to the inane. But that's life. And this is mine.

3 comments:

David and Jessica Clyde said...

It is weird getting used to a new name and having a husband. When we first got married I would usually just introduce Dave as Dave. I couldn't bring myself to actually say husband because I thought it was too weird. But you get used to it quickly.

Annie. said...

Congrats! I remember it was so hard to call Talon my "husband" and remember that my last name was Webb, not Jacobson.

Funny story: I sent my dad an email soon after our wedding from my new "married" email address. He was so confused who "Annie Webb" was that it took him a few minutes to figure it out. :)

Trevor Holms Petersen said...

I'm excited to hear about all your adventures!