Thursday, July 23, 2009

motivation

So I've been neglecting my blog lately... oops. I think I'm torn between what I should write, in a traditional blog good-information-for-you-to-have, update-on-my-life fashion, or I what I want to write, more of the funny-random stuff that is largely, if not entirely, pointless.

For example, what I should write is that Landon got his orders, so we'll be moving from Santa Barbara to Petaluma (about 40 miles north of San Francisco) for A school (military training centers for specific jobs within the Coast Guard) in September. I might also write that I am finally taking advantage of the pool in our complex, learning how to swim, and working on a nice tan that helps prove I've lived in California this summer.

What I want to write, however, is more along the lines of I had this dream last night that I was a runner, and Jillian from The Biggest Loser was my trainer, and it felt pretty awesome.

I've actually been trying to motivate myself to run (in real, awake life) ever since the 4th of July and I'm still struggling. I'm horrible. I have no stamina and I can't breathe after half a lap, it's terrible. I'm trying to baby-step my way into it but I just need to go out and do it. My family's all doing it back in Oregon. It's something I've always wanted to do but never though I could. And I just watched the final few contestants on the Biggest Loser, people that months prior weighed hundreds of pounds each, run a marathon. A MARATHON. 26.2 miles. Why can't I?

3 comments:

David and Jessica Clyde said...

Courtney--You can do it!! Beginning running is the hardest part, but you can do it. I did it. When I started running I could hardly run down the block without thinking I was going to die. Just work up to longer runs very slowly!! And before you know it you'll be running the St. George Marathon!! I highly suggest getting an ipod to run. It helps you take your mind off the monotony of running!!

AJones said...

Baby Steps. 6 weeks ago I couldn't run an 1/8th of a mile. Today - I ran the first 2.20 miles uninterrupted. Going for 30 miles this week. Just have to push through it. Its mostly mental - walking is not defeat. Not going at all is.

cmy said...

Courtney. I wanted to say that this was by far the funniest blog post I read all day. Your dream made me laugh out loud. So glad I know you! Good luck with the motivation (in real, awake life ;-)