Tuesday, October 16, 2007

life on the road

I'm currently enjoying my free internet, compliments of Valencia Marriott. I really will get back to the previous observation on perception and other such things, but for now I'm feeling a different direction.

Courtney's pros and cons of hotels and travel:

Cons
-looking like crap when you check in
-semi-unpacking
-travel food
-impatient drivers (in and out of the car)
-constant togetherness with travel companion


Pros
-awesome random tv you wouldn't watch at any other time
-no crappy job for a few days
-tiny shampoo
-endless supply of clean towels
-lobby cookies

2 comments:

Paige said...

that was pretty funny from that perspective, courtney! I will never look at hotel travel the same again after having worked in the 'biz'... I agree with you, though- I thought your 'pro' list was perfect, it's the little things, sometimes literally! Also, your cons were very rational and understandable... there are too many people out there with ridiculous expectations- like it's the hotels fault if you look like crap at checkin.... Wow, this is going on, you asked for it, though! Glad you're home safe!

Courtney said...

thanks! glad you enjoyed it. here's one more of each, just for good measure:

Con
-temperamental showers

Pro
-five pillows