Friday, September 24, 2010

Eye on the Prize

Or, "What Doesn't Kill Me..."

So big news first- Landon and I are buying a house! Well, hopefully. Assuming the whole process over the next month and a half doesn't present any insurmountable problems or leave me so far removed from my sanity that I land in an institution.

The tricky part (in addition to the general trickiness I'm discovering is inherent in any house-buying) is that I am responsible for doing this all on my own. Landon left the day before we found out our offer was accepted and won't be back until three weeks after we move in. I'm going through a learning curve, for sure. So far I'm pretty proud of myself for scheduling an inspection and getting paperwork to our lender, although I feel like I'm just barely keeping ahead of some rabid beast chasing after me.

Paperwork is my least favorite part of anything, and I'm so anxious to get my hands on this house and start painting and ripping up carpet I can hardly stand it. I am certainly staying busy, and here I was wondering what I would fill my time with when Landon was away. Silly me. I should have counted on Life showing up.

Even with all the headache of the buying process I'm really, really excited. I will be sure to tell Landon, though, that he doesn't have to buy me a house every time he leaves just to keep me occupied.

4 comments:

jrkaman said...

YAY! That is so exciting! Congrats to you guys...Next time he won't leave you a house to keep you occupied he'll leave you a cute mini Landon or Courtney! :)

Annie. said...

Congrats! Having your own first place is the MOST exciting thing to do together! Although I agree...it can be SUPER stressful. You want to lose your mind sometimes. I remember Talon didn't sleep for like 3 months when we were in the process of building our house. It was NUTS!

David and Jessica Clyde said...

WOW!! That sounds AMAZING. A real house. That sure will keep you busy!

Surf Paparazzi said...

Dave and I have been fantasizing about buying a house someday (it is a long ways away here in San Diego, we might be 50! haha jk) - How fun! And congrats about doing all of that on your own, you are amazing! I dont know if I could do that :)

Love ya, post pics of the place when you have time :)