Thursday, July 22, 2010

Irony at the Airport

I'm in LA for a second time in about a month, mostly to work on music stuff but secretly to hang out with the Malicks (because they're awesome). It's my first experience co-writing, and it's been wonderful. We've cranked out 4 1/2 songs in 3 1/2 days, so we're calling it a definite win. And they're really good songs too. Added bonus.

The irony came at airport security. I was waiting for my bag to reappear on the the other side of the luggage car wash when I noticed several security people looking very intently at the screen. I made eye contact with one of them as he came over to attach bag with owner and take a closer look. He apologized for the inconvenience, then pulled my scriptures out of my backpack and said "Oh, this is it." Apparently, because of the thin pages it looks like one solid brick on the x-ray machine (and shows up in a "bad color", I was told), and due to its size, it appeared to be a solid brick of C4 or something like it on their monitors. Honestly the security guard was amused that the suspicious object turned out to be a religious text. I was too.

4 comments:

jrkaman said...

I've had that happen to me once. I'm glad you are getting some songs done. I can't wait to hear them. Hope you are doing well and let me know when you are in the area next. I would love to hang out. Plus, you can meet my super cute, super sweet baby! :)

cmy said...

Never underestimate the explosive power of a religious text! They've even started wars!

Sarah said...

haha, that is too funny. :P Hope you are doing well Courtney- Glad the song writing is going well. :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.